Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Keep your eyes on the pri...I mean road!

So, in an effort to keep my mind busy while Angela is on her ski trip today, I decided to go to the "Y". You know, that place that I've been paying a monthly membership for an entire year now, and that I've only used a handful of times since June but am determined to start using it again! Yeah, that place.

Walking the track was a good activity for me today so that's why I chose to do. The track is upstairs, and overlooks the swimming pools and basketball courts. Today there were groups of men playing basketball on each of the courts. Most of them appeared to be late 30's to early 40's. All of them like me, a little out of shape but trying like heck to defeat the aging process. They were playing HARD.

But there was one guy, maybe in his mid 20's who was F-I-N-E. Oh my gosh, I haven't seen anything like THAT in a long time! You know the kind, but like a you-know-what, nearly hairless chest, but that one hair line.....

Now, in my defense, the following situation happened near the end of my walk. I was at about the 3 1/2 mile mark at this point, so my legs were a little numbish, and I was hungry with my blood sugar getting low making me kind of foggy. Anyway, I came around to where the basketball courts are, and there's this young man, only this time he's pulling his shorts away from his belly to tuck the drawstring in.

BAM!!! Down I went.

That seemed like a really good time to end my walk.

3 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. LOL LOL LOL

Gravity's Rainbow said...

Kathie here--so what did you run into? OMG, you better get busy with Dean.

Tamara said...

lol - now I understand the facebook comment I read. Too funny Leah - Hope you didn't bruise anything -