Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Breakfast


Doesn't every kid drink their breakfast? Angela has been really tough to get breakfast into lately, and even tougher to get fruit into! So, now we're making smoothies. They consist of Pediasure, (which is a complete meal by itself, and what tube-fed kids get for their meals, and what Angela got for several years while on her tube) with fresh fruit blended in. This morning was Chocolate w/banana blended in. Other flavors I whip up are Vanilla pediasure with strawberry/banana/orange. Or pineapple/orange/banana/, or strawberry with fresh strawberries in it. This way I can get 2, sometimes 3 servings of fruit into her, which is 2 or 3 more than she was getting before! LOL You could also use "Ensure", which is the adult version of pediasure, BUT, you can get it with fiber! I sometimes use it when Angela needs a little extra for her "digestive health".

6 comments:

Monica said...

Great idea! And not only is it kid approved it looks like it is dog approved also :)

Courtney said...

WAIT...Dudley wants a little too!!! Sounds Yummy!

Kathy said...

I love the look on Angela's face! That's priceless.

Beverly said...

I think I will try this for my Noah. He gets more and more picky about what he will eat.

Shelley said...

Hmmm....I may have to give this a try. Xander loves to eat, it's getting him to DRINK that's the problem. Add this to the still undiagnoised "no sweating" issue and it stresses me out just thinking about the hot weather we're going to experience now that we live in south Alabama!

Terri said...

I am going to start doing smoothies. I found one with spinach in it!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Groovy-Green-Smoothie/Detail.aspx