Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, February 02, 2009

How does this make sense?

The movie "Twilight" was a huge hit, and the sequel is much anticipated by millions. But it strikes me funny how the casting for the sequel was done. You see, they needed "Native American" actors, but the casting call was held in Vancouver, CANADA. Ummmm is "America" the same as "Canada"? Or were they thinking "North America" as in the continent? I guess it doesn't really matter, as they received more submissions than they will ever be able to get through, but still...this made on sense to me! But, then again, that's just me.

That said, who saw the movie? From those who've seen it, I've heard nothing but great things about it. I chose NOT to see it, because I don't agree with some of the things, not so much in the first book, but particularly in the 3rd. I don't mind it FOR ME, because I'm an adult, but I don't know that I'd want me tween reading the 3rd book! 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I just saw it for the 1st time this weekend. I'd read all 4 books beforehand. I liked the movie, but of course the book was better. The company that made it is really small & new so I think they did a great job with the resources they had.
As for the 3rd book, I think I can guess which portions you might have had issue with younger kids reading. :)