Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WE HAVE FLIGHTS!

We have flights reserved for Friday from Sofia to Moscow, Moscow to Soul, then we have to find flights from Soul to home.

To put it bluntly, I need an additional $3,000 from what I already have in the bank. (which is quickly running out.) and I need it within the next 24 hrs to reserve my seats.

This took a congressional notification of the Embassy this morning. We were notified to come to the embassy at 2:00, where we were greeted by the Assistant Defense Attache. We met with several different people from the embassy staff, and it took awhile to get things sorted out.

For tonight and until we leave, we'll be staying at the home of the Asst. Defense Attache and his family. He was very gracious to offer this, and really, many people from the Embassy made similar offers. For this we are truly grateful. Going back and forth to the airport every day, the additional hotel and food is costing around $200/day, not to mention Dean has now taken time off work so he's losing his pay, and I've lost mine as well. Staying with someone will greatly decrease our expenses here, and leave us more money to get home.

Thank you everyone for your support. You're all amazing. Later I'll fill you in on our VERY interesting visit at the Embassy (a once in a lifetime type of visit. Lots of those this trip!) for now I have to go pack, so we can move house again.


3 comments:

NDMom said...

Dear Leah, This has been quite the adventure, huh? I will continue to pray for safe travels home to the US. And, I can't wait to hear all about how your CTR visits went as well!

I wish I could have given you a bit more...hope it adds up quickly to help bring you home!

Love, Paula Burckhard, your CTR buddy

markay714 said...

Added a little to your get home fund - praying that all goes smoothly with this plan!

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Holy gosh I have been so busy the last week I have been rarely reading blogs. I'm just in shock for you three. How awful this is. The only thing that comes to mind though is thank goodness you are with Shelly. Think about if she was alone with Kullen. I will post an update on our blog right now to hopefully send some additional donors your way. Thinking about you all and praying hard!!!