Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A reason for everything

We are *trying* to keep in mind there is a reason for everything, and a reason for us to be stuck here. That is hard to remember when you're exhausted, frustrated, homesick, and financially strapped.

I know there is a reason. I can't see it right now, but surely there is a reason. I also don't want to be one of the first flights in the air once they open the airspace, and be the one flight to discover there is still too much residue in the atmosphere!

And so we sit on our extended vacation.

4 comments:

Sunnie said...

Still eating pizza??? LOL Sorry couldn't resist...that was the biggest pizza I have ever seen!!!
Hope you get out soon!!
Sunnie

JennyH said...

Hope everything gets taken care of soon. It would be hard not knowing what it going to happen within the next few days when you really want to get home!

Lund7 said...

Leah, Can I help out with anything here on this end? I could have Angela at our house before and/or after school if that would help Dean. Just let me know...I am so sorry you guys are stranded there. It's got to be so frustrating.

My nephew has been serving in Afghanistan for the past year and was SUPPOSED to be coming home through Germany this week but it's been a nightmare for him too!

Praying for a safe return for you guys...and very soon! Email me if I can help out with Angela! I mean it!!!!

Ellen Stumbo said...

Hmmm... you know, sometimes there is no "higher" reason for things to happen, and it just is what it is and it sucks!
When I was in Ukraine, people kept telling me that there as a reason, and till this day, I have yet to discover what that reason was, because so far there are more negatives to positives that stem through those days. No really, it was that hard and there might have been no reason, other than nature happens and sometimes snow storms or volcanos get in the way. It is not a perfect world, and things happen that are hard and it is not for a reason, they just happen. However, how we handle those times is what makes a difference.
I probably failed, as I had a hard time. So if that helps at all, IT SUCKS! And I KNOW how you feel! And yes, better to be in an apartment than stuck in an airport (believe me, THAT was HORRIBLE!)
All that to say, I will be praying for the 3 of you to come home as soon as possible, and for God's peace to comfort you.
Hugs to you and let's pray you home!