Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow

Asher has seen snow before, but he's never seen it actually falling from the sky. Today you get to witness an orphan "first". Its rare that I catch them on video!

We getting into the car after one of our doctor visits when I turned around to find Asher a little freaked out! When he's unsure of something he's afraid to walk so takes little tiny baby steps, and he looks like he's going to cry. (he's not. He's only cried a couple of times since being home) The grunt is something he does when he likes whatever the new thing is. This was the face I constantly saw in the orphanage every time I showed him something new.

6 comments:

Imogen said...

Precious beyond precious!

Do you know, I have only ever seen snow once in my whole life? It is hot where I live - so I travelled a long way one time to where there was snow, and I cried like a baby (with joy) when I saw my first falling snowflake. I can SO relate to Asher's wonderment.

He's absolutely wonderful. You're wonderful. Thank you for sharing these videos with us - what a treat it was to witness his reaction!

Unknown said...

I know he is Serbian and not Ukrainian, and neither am I, but WHERE IS HIS HAT?

Just kidding. :D

BCPTA said...

ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!

Linnea said...

That is the most beautiful video I have ever seen. I love it!

Be blessed

Ashlee

Leah Spring said...

Hevel, when we went into the clinic it was 50*F, when we came out it was 31* and snowing. That's also the reason he was wearing a light jacket and not his winter coat!

Becca said...

Ohmygosh, I just want to HUG that sweet boy!!! Love this. :-)