Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, January 20, 2012

Helping around the house

Asher loves to help with laundry!


My friend Tamara posted on Facebook about her son Shawen using a Flip Fold to fold all the shirts in the house, and how much he loves it. I had just taken all the clothes out of Angela's closet and needed to go through them, but SHE needed to help. Being a totally unwilling participant, I thought maybe she would like this thing. But I'm a bit impatient and didn't feel like waiting for my order to come. As you know, you can find ANYTHING online, including how to make a flip fold for about a buck. 

When I got it done, Angela wouldn't even look at the thing, much less use it. Axel on the other hand? Umm yeah, he has claimed it for his own. (and yes, I have about 27 different colors of duct tape, which Axel loves.)

Now I'm going to warn you. If you have obsessive compulsive tendencies, this thing is going to feed right into that and either drive you crazy or make you happy as a clam. I am a little obsessive compulsive but with a very short attention span.  I was so excited to see how absolutely PERFECT it folds all the shirts to a uniform size just like they were sitting on a store shelf, that I started going all Dean's clothes. I got about 1/2 way done before I got bored with that project. Now half of his shelves look like a store, and the other half are a mess. 

8 comments:

And patiently waiting... said...

I need me one of those!!! Oh, WOW!! I'd be doing it in my sleep!! How cool Axel is showing you all the steps! He's a good teacher! :) Way to go Axel...But I really need to get on of those things...and Axel can help me! :)

Tamara said...

OMG - I should have known you figured out how to make one yourself! It's perfect - and Axel did great! And - isn't it crazy what a good job it does. It's so simple ...

Kathy said...

how cool is that!! I can see PJ loving it, too, he ADORES helping with the laundry.

Becca said...

That's awesome!!! Gotta get me one of those...

BCPTA said...

Ok,I must make one of those!! Do they make one for fitted sheets? LOL What a smart boy he is and I love the attention to detail!! He is so fun to watch :)

amyl4 said...

Now that is cool! Good job Axel!

Linnea said...

How do you make it?!!! OMGsh I need one!!!

He is so cute!
Be blessed
Ashlee

Milena said...

Axel is adorable! And I love how careful he is to get it right - and the look in his eyes :-) What a boy!

The flip-fold seems really practical, especially to get everything folded into the same size. How does it work for shirts with long sleeves?