Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, January 30, 2012

Beautiful

God's gift to us is the most beautiful little boy. A boy who was lost in a see of other lost children. When you hold him, you know you're holding an angel.

God brought to us this 7 year old infant. While he takes from us, he gives us back so much more. Every day we experience the joy God intended a little boy to get from life. We get to see each new first, every discovery, happen at warp speed. Simple things, like being able to swing his feet while sitting on a chair, to hold the hand of his sister, to hug a dog. We get to hear squeals of joy when he hears water running and knows he can put his hands in it without fear of punishment, to see his face change as he tastes yet another new food and he smiles with pleasure.

He lays his head on your chest and his hand on your heart. His soul seeps through your body and finds your very being. All of our children are blessings, Angela and Axel included. But Asher is unique. He is beautiful. If you don't see it, if your heart hasn't been touched by him if give the opportunity, then there is something wrong with your heart.


9 comments:

Kathy said...

I love him, too! He is most certainly one of God's most beautiful creations, and your obedience to Him is clearly why Asher has the best family ever.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful boy... such a beautiful post!

Imogen said...

He is indeed a truly beautful boy ♥

And patiently waiting... said...

He is SO beautiful and I am thankful to God that you are his family!! So sweet!

Charlotte said...

his eyes get me every time you post pictures - I can't stop staring into them!!
He is beautiful!

amyl4 said...

Absolutely Beautiful! What a precious GIFT he is!

Becca said...

Beautiful words for a beautiful boy.

Anna said...

A lump in my throat as I read your words today. I am living it too! Some of the most simplest moments I find myself awestruck that this is my life. That I have been so richly rewarded.... motherhood. Savor it. its all grace.

Difference2This1 said...

Beautiful words...I "get" them completely. Blessings, Jennifer