Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Positive results

I'm tired of being tired, and feeling down, so it's time for me to post some good stuff! 

You may remember a few days ago (or was it a couple weeks?) I posted that I was committing myself to working out at the "Y" six days a week. Well, not only have I been doing that, but two days a week I'm taking DOUBLE classes, which comes out to a 1 hr 40 minute workout! I come out of the classes DRIPPING, which is a good feeling, because I know I'm burning calories. In fact, I'm burning somewhere around 1,000-1200 calories during my workout. I LOVE IT.

Well, I don't love the workout. In fact, I have to FORCE myself to go. During the workout I have to keep telling myself "this is good for me, it really is!" 

And, I have to say, the results I'm seeing are great! There are a couple of exercises that I couldn't even BEGIN to do when I first started, and now I can do them. 

There's another benefit too. For that time that I'm working out, my mind is completely engaged in the workout, and NOT what's happening at home. I mean, if I loose my concentration because I'm thinking about what I'm going to do with Angela in the afternoon, I'll fall flat on my face as I'm going "Around the world" on my step. There has already been more than once when I've just about fallen on my ass while doing an "L" step, and that was while I WAS concentrating. LOL

That, and I'm down 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks. Works for me!


2 comments:

My Girls R Angels said...

Good for you, Leah! I know that cardio workout must be helping you cope. Hope you are less tired and more energetic also!

Now if I could just get my lazy butt out there I could join you (in spirit, from Florida)!

Enjoy your weekend!
:-)
Theresa
Rockledge, FL

JennyH said...

Sounds great. you have to be very motivated to do all that hard work. Good for you!!