Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Prayer request!

*disclaimer* This is not a plea for money. I'm just asking for prayer for this.

As most of you know, Dean isn't able to come with Angela and I to Boston. He just cannot take the time off work, and we cannot afford an airline ticket for him with Christmas just a couple days away.

Well, Tyler has been with us for the last couple of weeks, and it looks as if he'll be moving back home. Let me rephrase that: He no longer has an apartment to go to, and he has slept here for 2 weeks. I think he's HAS moved back home. LOL We are THRILLED by this, on several different levels, but the best is that it's just plain been very pleasant to have him around. He's been super helpful to both Dean and I with various projects, and Angela has loved having one of her big brothers here.

So today I had a thought...

I really don't want to be alone in Boston. Tyler does not have a job, and no commitments right now to speak of. (he's been doing some online classes so he can get his GED take care of. ) Why not bring him along to Boston? I think the idea is an answer to prayer, really. My dilemma is money. I do have money set aside for Bulgaria, and I do NOT want to touch it. Touching that money just seems like a slippery slope, and that money was raised for a specific purpose. It's out of bounds.

So I'm trying to come up with a way to very quickly raise the money for Tyler to go. I suppose about $300? I'd need to get his ticket ordered in the next couple of days in order to get him on the same flight with Angela and me.


2 comments:

Bethany said...

Got anything you can sell on ebay or craigslist? Craigslist is the fastest way to get quick cash! Hope you figure something out!

Molly said...

Praying! sounds like it would be nice to have him there!