Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, March 07, 2011

We are home!

We are home, and Axel is comfortably sitting on the couch with his Papa. He has a glossy ad in hand, so life is all good! He did eat some pudding (the first time he's eaten in 24 hours.) and I'm sure he's going to want more of something before he goes to bed!

Thank you so much, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers for Axel today. They were very much felt and appreciated!

Also, a couple people have posted comments saying they can't find my email address on my blog. if You have something you'd like to ask me about privately, look over to my right sidebar and find my profile. At the very bottom is a "view my complete profile" link, where you can find my email address.

5 comments:

Twilson9608 said...

Glad that your both home again.

Natalie said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. So happy that all went well with all that oral surgery and the intubation.

Christine said...

Glad everything went well with Axel. Jonathon goes in for his teeth procedure in April. I hate hospitals, I hate Jonathon going, but I know its for his best interest. Any advice on the teeth procedure or no biggie?

Leah Spring said...

You know, Axel has been in hospitals or clinics SO OFTEN in the last 2 1/2 months (at least 1-2 visits weekly) that it really was no big deal for him. Some hospitals let the parents go back with the child while they're put to sleep, and some do not. Ours gives the parent the option. With my other kids, I did it once and swore I'd never do it again, because I get a little freaked out and I didn't want them seeing me with tears in my eyes. With Axel I absolutely do because of the attachment and bonding issues. I resolved myself to not shed a tear until I was out of the room.

Before Axel's first procedures, I did pull up pictures and social stories online so he could see ahead of time what was going to be happening. This was especially helpful because of the language barrier. Now he understands when I say, "We're going to the doctor", and "IV". He does ask me, in his own way, if there will be owies when we go to the doctor, and I am always honest with him. If he is going to get a shot (we're trying to get his vaccines caught up) I tell him how many pokes he will be getting or "No pokes today". I have always been upfront with my kids and they've never been fearful of going to the doctor. But, they are my kids, and my kids might be different than your kids!

Difference2This1 said...

Saying some prayers that Axel is feeling good today and his mouth isn't hurting him too much!! Blessings, Jennifer