Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, March 11, 2011

Seriously?


Yes, I have disabled anonymous comments on my blog. In fact, in the six years I've had this blog, I've never allowed them. And no, just because you made up some silly pseudo name don't think I will post your comment.

So to Tinytim: Yes, I bought my child a "gun". It looks a lot like this one:


It shoots little foam disks. He had a BLAST with it today. He LOVED IT! No, I don't think he's going to turn out to be a murderer because he's shooting little disks at the wall. This happens to be an awesome cause and effect toy for him, while at the same time strengthening his fingers. (always working on those fine motor skills!) There, I turned it into a learning activity!

Believe me, he has seen far worse in his life than this little toy. I'm not too worried about damaging him.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I have three boys and they love their Nerf guns! Somehow I think they'll grow up okay ;-)

Jackie said...

Oooh, I can just hear the glorious giggles erupting from Mr Axel. Best hand eye cordination! You could make a target out of a piece of cardboard with a larger hole cut out the middle. Tape it to the top of a chair back and have him shoot through the middle.

Christine said...

Really!???? Don't people have anything better to do!!!!

We were just talking about getting Jonathon a nerf gun and I forgot all about the disc shooter one. Thanks for the post. Next trip out will be getting Jonathon one!!!

Kathie Brinkman said...

If you don't get your boy a toy guy he'll just make one out of legos, K'nex, or a stick. Boys like to play with guns--it's okay! They ARE boys they are created to be brave and heroic and to protect the good and attack the bad. it's really ok--to this wacked out comment leaver.