Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Learning to Play

When we were preparing to adopt, we cleaned out the office and turned it into Axel's room. Most of what was in the office got packed into boxes and put into the storage room. 

Fast forward to last week when I was digging all over the house looking for the wireless mouse I KNEW I have for my laptop. I wanted it for Axel. And I knew it was somewhere. In. This. House! That's when I remembered a box...and in it contained a bag...and in that bag some of the accessories for my laptop. I could picture the box, and the bag. WAY in the back of the storage room! UGH! I hate when that happens.

So I began to empty the storage room, one box at a time. I could SEE the box I wanted, but couldn't get to it. I pressed on. And as I pressed on, I stumbled upon something I'd forgotten we had! One of these!  I knew that Axel would love it. 

Apparently Dean loved it too!




Of course, as soon as I put the camera away, Angela joined them. She and Axel played for a good 45 minutes before they started crashing into each other. LOL

2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

these rugs are the BEST!! so much creative play kids can do on them. let him play all he wants now because seeing how he's bending his neck down to play, he won't be able to enjoy this again until after his halo is off!!! :(

blcmec1 said...

This is so cute - your "boys" are having a lot of fun. My brothers and I had a thin wooden version when we were little. Thanks for jarring that memory.