Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Quarantine

Our house is officially in quarantine mode.

On Saturday afternoon, Dean started to feel "that feeling you get in your throat" when you're about to become VERY sick. By Sunday morning he was down. I quarantined him to the bedroom while simultaneously begging him to go to the doctor and get tested for the flu, and hopefully get some Tamiflu.

But he is a man. Men don't "do" doctors for some reason.

Monday was Axel's surgery and I was 100% fine.

Tuesday afternoon I had a meeting at my house with one of Angela's service providers at 3:30. I was fine.

At 4:30 I was starting to feel a little "off".

By 6:30 I had a 103* fever.

Today I went to the doctor and got tamiflu for me, and the kids' doctor called it in for them as well.

Now, time for me to get back to bed so I can hopefully warm up again.

2 comments:

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Feel better soon!!!

Hope Anne

travcat said...

oh no!!! I hope you feel better soon. Try "Emergen C"; it really helps!

Catherine