Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, March 04, 2011

Toys

Call me a geek, but I get a little giddy when new technology comes out. I can tell you that right now, the Best Buy store is a good place for me to stay away from!

Why? Because the iPad 2 release was just announced, silly!

If you've been around here for any length of time, you know how we love our iPad. Angela uses it ALL the time, and when she's not on it, Axel or I am using it. We have tons of apps for the kids on there, and then at night after they're in bed I use it to access iBooks or Kindle. And Facebook. And google reader.

The cool thing about the iPad 2 is it has two cameras on it, allowing a person to skype or record video. This is WAY COOL because that would mean, with the iPad 2, I wouldn't need to bring my laptop with me while traveling, just the iPad 2! It is so slim and lightweight compared to my MacBook, that would be a welcome change when traipsing through airports. I don't really like the netbooks, because their keyboards are so small. But I have a wireless keybord for the iPad. :-D

Oh...so gonna get this thing. You know, when I have more money. HAHAHAHHAHHAA

2 comments:

Laurie said...

oh, I would so love to have one!! I've been trying to convince my husband that Nevin would use it a lot, but he's not convinced. What kinds of things does Angela do on it? The skype potential is a big plus now, because Nevin would be able to skype with his favorite uncle. But I'm looking for more "justification".

AddingOn said...

Leah, I second Laurie's question!!

Cara