Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, October 10, 2008

Tail of the Dragon

The first week of April, 2009, my friends Tink, Scharlett and some others are planning a trip to Deals Gap to ride the Dragon's Tail, which is on the Tennessee/North Carolina state line. This ride is NOT for the faint of heart. In fact, here's a video from one guy who had a camera on his front fork. I sure hope I can make it on this trip! Oh...and I can't watch more than 2 minutes of the video because watching stuff like that makes me motion sick. (can't play car racing video games either. LOL)



The big question is how I get down there. April isn't really riding weather here yet. It's pretty cold, and...well...I get cold really easy. LOL Yes, I could wear a heated vest and heated gloves would help as well. But that is even MORE money that I don't yet have to spend. Maybe Santa will bring me some of these things for Christmas???? Anyway, I could trailor my bike to some point further south, then meet up with the group somewhere enroute. Lots of things to consider between now and then.

1 comment:

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

My boyfriend, his brother, and sister-in-law rode this a few years ago. They said that it was a blast. I am hoping that he and I can take another trip there soon, I want to ride the Tail of the Dragon. :-)