Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Finding Support

Lately there have been several families who've visited my blog, who've recently found themselves holding their newborn as their doctor utters those words. You know the ones...the ones that say, "There is something wrong with your baby." Somehow they've found their way to my blog. I wish I could give them a hug!!! Some of the babies have DS, and some do not. All of them are beautiful, but their families are struggling, lost and confused. How I remember those days.

I've come across this website, that lists a wide array of support listservs for those who want them. You can find it here There's a lot there, so take your time and find what you need.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm STILL trying to catch up on blog reading. Thanks for this, it will help, I think!