Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Angela; the most responsible person in the house

Angela is the most responsible person in the house. I know this because she ALWAYS puts things away where they belong!

So for the past week I've been on a hunt for her hearing aids. I knew they weren't at school. And I was pretty sure the last time I saw them was while we were waiting for her dad to pick her up. She doesn't wear hear aids to her dads because..well..he'd loose them. And because he never has her wear them anyway. (seriously, he says trying to get them on is too difficult. Give me a break. But I digress...) So while we were waiting I realized she still had them on.

And here is where my memory failed me. I couldn't remember if I had *her* take them off and put them away, or if *I* took them off her. That was an easy puzzle to solve, because she ALWAYS puts them in her room, in their case, on her desk. I looked and no, they weren't there. That means that *I* took them off her and they could be anywhere!!!!

Being one who has a habit of shoving stuff in my pockets, I panicked. Did they go through the wash? UGH! If so, they're trash now. I always check my pockets before I wash ANY of my stuff, but things have been known to slip through the system. I went through the pockets of all my clean jeans, and still didn't find them.

I resorted to prayer for the 10th time. "Lord, I KNOW they are here in this house somewhere! I just know it! Please put them in front of me, or put the idea in my head of where to look next!" Several days went by, and still nothing, so I was convinced they weren't in the house.

A little bit ago I was in my bedroom, and for the 50th time this week was rifling through the stuff on top of my dresser, sure I had to have set the aids somewhere. My hand came upon one of my bandanas that I wear when I'm motorcycling, and as it did, a picture flashed before my eyes: Angela and I standing outside, waiting for her dad. She was wearing a jacket, and I was wearing my motorcycle jacket because as soon as she left I was going for a ride by myself. I also heard myself telling a friend of mine something about putting things in the breast pocket.

I ran to the closet, pulled out the jacket, and put my hands in the breast pocket...FOUND 'EM!!!!!

WHOO HOO! Now I can go get her fitted for glasses too, since I needed the aids to do that. THANK YOU LORD FOR ALWAYS BEING MY MEMORY WHEN IT FAILS ME, AND WHEN I DO STUPID STUFF LIKE NOT PUTTING THINGS AWAY WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!

No comments: