Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, October 31, 2008

Bit the bullet

I finally bit the bullet and bought Angela her own bowling ball last night. She LOVES to bowl, and is bowling for Special Olympics this year. We bowl every Sunday morning, had our area tournament a couple weeks ago, with a bigger state tournament on the coming up November 8th.

Usually Angela just uses one of the balls from the alley, but the smallest they have out is 7 lbs and every bowler under 15 seems to want those! Not only are they hard to find when there is 300 people bowling, but Angela's hands and fingers are very small, so the holes are always too far apart for her.

I originally wanted to get her a really cool ball with some fun picture on it. Yeah...that was until I looked at the price tag on them. Well, last night we picked up Dean from his bowling league, and stopped into the pro shop to see what we could get, and how fast we could get it. Here's the ball we ordered her. It's 6 lbs, and will arrive on Thursday next week, just in time to get the holes drilled and be ready to use it for the tournament an Saturday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My kids love to bowl, too! How fun to have your very own ball.

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. I am so glad you posted on Sarah's blog. Our bowling season is about to start. I was just mentioning to my husband that I was thinking of getting Sarah her own ball for the very same reasons you mention, but hesitated for some reason. I'm going to take her this weekend. I love the colors of your ball.