Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, February 04, 2011

Waiting for the Knock at the Door

I'm sitting here on the couch with Axel while he watches some tween show on Disney.

Do you know what I just finished doing? I just finished showing him pictures like this

And trying to explain, in a very happy and excited voice, to my child with minimal language skills, that a lady is coming to the door soon to bring something just like the picture. Just for him. And it will be FUN, and oh so exciting! (insert giant fake smile that only a mother lying to her child can wear)

And I tried really hard not to cry while I explained that to him.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

oh my goodness, pryaing!! for you all and for your mother's heart. Thanking God that you saved him and that you are continuing to save him.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, Leah, I'm just now catching up on your blog, & WOW is all I can say. I just read this post aloud to my husband, & we both cried. This is hard stuff. But you are doing a great job. You are an amazing mother. Praying for all of you!