Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back to our regularly scheduled program

Now that we've regrouped a bit, lets get back to blogging, shall we?

This morning was family cooking time in the kitchen (which I suppose is better than the bathroom, huh?) I know some of you are reading about me talking about cooking and laughing. Stop it. I'm trying to teach my kids something. HA!

Dean and Axel put a roast in the crock pot, and Axel had a good time dumping the ingredients in. While they were doing that, Angela and I were making pancakes. Angela used to make pancakes all the time but has apparently forgotten how to do it. We'll have to work on this again.

We had a fun time in the kitchen, and Axel even learned how to move the dogs out of the kitchen without yelling at them in Serbian gibberish like he'd rather do. LOL He's really liking learning how to do stuff with the dogs!

 I have some fun posts coming about about A&A with pictures to share too!

4 comments:

racheal_stewart said...

Axel needs to teach Henry how to get dogs out of the kitchen. Henry screams at them at the top of his voice, which of course does not budge them.

Grizzly Bear said...

I am so glad you are back! I was so bummed... I really enjoy your real portrayal of family. So excited to continue to read your beautiful journey with your family.

:)

blcmec1 said...

So glad you are back! You gave me a scare. It sounds like you have given Axel a warm and wonderful home and he is loving it!! You are an awesome Mom!! - Maureen C

Erika said...

Thank you so very much for making your blog public again. I soooo enjoy following your story and all of your adventures. I've read your blog start to current and wow! You are an amazing person!! I've been following your blog and several other RR families for a few months and someday hope to have an adoption blog of my ( our) own! The DS children are beautiful and deserve a family to love them! Thank you for sharing your everyday life. It gives me an idea of how adoption an older child might be for our family. Your writings are wonderfully written and I check your blog often to read more. Thanks Leah for all of your insight. Erika from WI