Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm upright today...sorta.

For those who talked to me, or had calls fielded by Dean, you know I was sick. We're pretty sure I had food poisoning, because it came on so suddenly and violently. But, when I started running a high fever we weren't so sure. Thanks to google, we found that yes, you can run a fever with food poisoning, it just depends upon what bacteria you were lucky enough to eat. 

Talk about a weight loss plan that includes a colon cleanse...I lost almost 6 pounds! I've manage to stay out of the bathroom since about midnight last night. I haven't been able to keep any liquids in me, so I'm just getting a sip here and sip there. My hands say I'm really dehydrated but my mouth is watering so I guess I'm ok. This morning I'm a little shaky and have a killer headache, but even that is much better than I was yesterday! I have one more post to make, and then I'm headed back to bed for a few hours. I'm hoping to do some picking up around here cuz the house is a mess. 

Yesterday when Angela came home from school, she played nurse to me for a little bit (we had to hide her phone because she was determined to call the hospital, and I know it would have meant dialing 911! LOL) then disappeared for some TV time. A little while later she came up to my bedroom and said, "I watch a movie on demand." which is her way of saying she's tired but not wanting to admit it. Sure enough, I found a movie for her and she was asleep in 5 minutes. She slept for TWO HOURS! I guess she was still making up for whatever sleep she lost while at camp. (speaking of which, I'll post about camp later today.) When she woke up, she was FULL of energy! As I floated in an out of consciousness in the bedroom, she gave Dean a full Seussical concert, right in front of the T.V he was trying to watch. LOL Thankfully he remembered that it was basketball night and off the went. (I think he secretly enjoys taking her to practice and visiting with the other parents. LOL) After all that napping I was shocked when she was asleep by 9:00 last night.

Alright, enough from me. I'm back to bed.

No comments: