Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, September 11, 2009

From Zero to 100 at the speed of light


That's how I feel life has moved in the last 24 hours. Suddenly there has been a major shift in my life! OMG!

You may remember this post, where I was having a really bad day! The problem was, while my GPA from previous college courses was 3.0, I never took the ACT's. Instead, when I applied last spring, I was given the Accuplacer, which is a test to determine how college ready you are, basically. It takes the place of the ACT's. Well, I did great on the reading/writing portion, but the math? Yeah, not so much. I had to take the test twice in order to pass that portion. You need a 20.0 to get accepted into the program, and I had a 21.5, so I just barely made it. But, its a competitive program, so they take the better scores first. They take 20 into the program, and I'm number 50 on the list.

So, yesterday I called the school to find out if my name stays on the waiting list for next year, or if I have to start all over, or just what exactly IS the process anyway?

And they guy said, "Actually, if you take all your generals now, not only will have have them out of the way when it's time to start the program, but it will bring your numbers up so you can probably start the program in the spring semester."

Wow? Really? Ok, what "generals" do I have to take? Long story short, I've applied for financial aid, and on Monday start classes, with a 10 credit course load. I literally went from stay at home, spend too much time online mom, to full-time student! Have I said OMG yet?

I have Human Anatomy on Monday's during the day.
Interpersonal Relationships on Weds nights
Keys to Success on Friday afternoons AND some online stuff
Medical Terminology online.

It may not seem like much, but there is that stuff called HOMEWORK to do in there. Who is going to cook, and clean.....and do laundry?????? OMG! I'm starting to hyperventilate.

Maybe the justification for hiring a cleaning person just fell into my lap? ROFL

4 comments:

datri said...

Awesome! OMG, I cannot even imagine what it would be like to go back to school at this point in my life! Best of luck (and hard work!)

Unknown said...

Yay for you! Going back to school with kids and a household to run is hard but managable!

Funny thing you said about a cleaning person, because that is just what we did as my sweetheart is back to taking Open Uni lessons (no idea what he can still study after a PhD and two masters', but he always finds something) and our Putzfrau turned out to be the best Hebrew teacher I've ever had! G-d does make sure you can do it when He puts your heart to do it!

tink said...

You'll do great...I did it several years ago and it is a mind blower...but you'll do great!

Kathie Brinkman said...

Congratulations!! Know what? I think you'll still have time to do the housework stuff; going to school will make you work smarter with your time.