Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, January 16, 2009

Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire



Tonight Dean and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire. Hmmmm....I have to say I had NO preconceived notions about this movie, other than friends said it was really good.

I have to agree with my friends!

I don't even know where to start in describing this movie. It's the story of one boy, and the very rough life he has in Bombay, India. (which later becomes Mumbai) who becomes a contestant on India's version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". This movie has some parts that are very difficult to watch, but at the same time they're important to the story.

I know NOTHING about India and the culture there, other than there is an unbelievable poverty. I'm really curious to know how accurately the movie portrayed some of the things the children in the movie went through, so I can decide how angry I want to be! LOL

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

I saw Slumdog when I was home for winter break...I thought it was absolutely spectacular. I told my mom as much and dragged her to it the next day - she also loved it. She was relieved that I was with her so that I could tell her when NOT to look.

I was shocked when I heard that they were premiering it in India. I assumed they wouldn't because it portrays a side of India that I thought the government wouldn't want to show.

soooo good.