Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, January 30, 2009

Movie Review: Gran Torino

Let me put this simply....GO SEE THE MOVIE! You'll watch an older mid-western, extremely prejudiced man (a disgruntled Korean war veteran) learn some things about himself when he's forced to learn about the world around him. Every racial slur you've ever heard, and many that you haven't, will be heard in this movie. It's a good thing though, I promise. For those in the disability world, remember when The Ringer came out, and the "r" word comments in it were necessary to set the stage of the movie? The same is true for Grand Torino.

That's it. I won't say anything more, except, GO SEE THE MOVIE! 

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I saw it and I LOVED it! Great movie!

Monica said...

Brian and I both really want to see this movie (and that in itself doesn't happen often)