Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Sunday, November 15, 2009

So confused!

So the other night I was coming home from school. Because I was bored I'm a considerate wife, I called to let Dean know I was on my way home.

Ring ring

Dean: "Oh cool!!!"
Me: "Hi. What? I'm cool? Thanks, but I knew that."
D: "No. There's this thing."
M: "No, I'm not cool? Thanks a lot. What thing?"
D: "On the TV. When the phone rang, this thing popped up, and said it was you calling. Like caller ID on the TV."
M: "When did you order that? How much is that?"
D: "I didn't order that. Did you order that?"
M: "Why would I order that?"
D: "Well lets keep it, it's cool."

Fast forward to today. Dean was gone making a Home Depot run, Angela was watching a movie and I was on the laptop.

Ring ring

Angela: "Oh no! My movie! What happened?" (Screamed with panic, cuz the world will end if her picture is somehow interfered with.)

I looked up to see me on the TV screen. Not "ME", but "Leah S.", along with my phone number.

How could this be? I was so confused. The thingie disappeared, so I couldn't tell was it the home number or my cell? And how could I be calling when I'm sitting here on the laptop? Wait, it can't be the house number, because that's the phone that's ringing. Are you confused? I was so confused.

Finally, in a moment of clarity, I picked up the house phone.

M: "Hello?"
D: "Hi honey."
Me: "What the heck is going on? I'm on the caller ID."
D: "Um...honey? That's because I'm on your cell phone. You left it in the car."

Now, this may all seem really stupid to you, and I guess it probably is. But really, it was kind of....ok it was dumb.


2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

i don't know, that sounds kinds paranormalish to me. spooky.

Shelley said...

Do you have Direct TV? Everyone that I know that has Direct TV has that. You can turn it on and off with the remote. My mom has it and it's very cool. It saves you from getting up if you don't want to talk to whoever is on the phone. And, you can hit ok on the remote to make it disapear faster.