Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Nickelodeon Universe follow-up
I spent most of yesterday morning making phone calls to address the situation that happened at Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America.
1) I filed an online complaint with Nickelodeon Universe. I wonder who actually gets those?
2) I contacted the Minnesota Disability Law Center. They took all the information about the case and said it would be approximately one week before I hear back from them.
3) Contacted the Minnesota Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities who was not happy to hear about the incident. They gave some input on additional calls to make.
4) Contacted the Minnesota Department of Human Rights. They took my information and got back to me within a couple of hours. They took a formal statement and informed me about the process. They said it was a clear case of discrimination based on disability.
5) Contacted local news stations (KSTP, WCCO, and KARE) about the incident. I haven't heard back from any of them.
Tomorrow is another day. Since I got all these phone calls and conversations completed I can spend tomorrow doing fun stuff with the kids!