Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Power Tools: 3rd edition

Back in 2008, and again in 2009, I posted about power tools. Sometimes those tools fall along the same lines as kitchen appliances, sculpting tools, and cake decorating gadgets. One of those power tools is called a "pressure washer". I secretly love using the pressure washer. I would rather play with that than cook. Well, ok there are lots of things I would rather do than cook. Pretty much anything, but playing working with the pressure washer is right up there near the top of the list.

Today Dean borrowed the neighbors pressure washer to get some much needed clean-up done. I watched through the window as he made horrible swirly marks on the cement and the wood deck.

...........sigh...........

I would need to show him how to make controlled, straight lines without leaving any gaps, (in other words, no stripes!) on the surface being cleaned.

He handed me the wand with a slight huff, knowing there was really no point in arguing with me.

He almost didn't get the wand back because...well...I like it. I'm now sitting here blogging about it rather than staring at him until he gives up and turns it over to me. So really, I'm doing him a favor by blogging right now. I better get back to work cleaning though or we might have other issues.

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

oh my gosh! doesn't he know the PROPER way to power wash? glad you were there!

Dean said...

UMMM, excuse me, this wasn't my first dance. Did you know I knew you were watching and I figured a way to get you out there and give me a break!