Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Yet Another ER visit!!!

Ok folks, everyone who knows me, knows I am the biggest klutz in the world. Who else would be dumb enough to break their arm naked in a robe?

Well, only a TRUE klutz would do it TWICE!!!! Ok, I wasn't naked in my robe this time, but I might as well have been.

I was getting Angela ready to go out the door for the bus (do you see a pattern here already?) when I realized I couldn't find her mittens. Since we got nailed by yet another snow storm last night, she really needed them today. You know, 52* yesterday, blizzard today. Anyway, I remembered seeing her mittens in the back seat of my car, so I was going to run out and get them quick. Being the quick learner that I am (and being a bit paranoid from my previous experience) I looked down and thought to myself, "No, I will get dressed first!", and ran into the bedroom to throw on some clothes.

I came back to the entryway, slipped my toes into my shoes and thought, "No, I will be safe this time and put them on all the way!" (you may remember that LAST TIME I lost a shoe on the ice because I wasn't wearing them properly.)

I walked outside, and when I reached the area where the death patch of ice hides under the snow, I very carefully felt ahead with my toe to see if it was slippery. Nope...it was bare pavement under there. WHEW

Got the car, went to open the door and realized I'd left the keys in the house. By this time I was in a hurry, so I turned quick to run back in the house. What I didn't know is that all 3 dogs were standing right behind me just waiting for me to trip over them. Not sure which white dog is the guilty one. I think Dudley. Anyway I ended up doing a front flip right over him, landing with a thud on my back, being careful to hold my broken arm in the air. I didn't get hurt, but as I stood up I was sorta dizzy and walked right into the corner of the house.

I heard my nose make that horrible crunching sound....and my stomach turned...and I got dizzy all over again.

My nose started to bleed....a lot...

and then the swelling began....

And then Angela came outside to see why mom is screaming in the driveway again.

By now her bus was at the end of the driveway. I sent her to the bus (without the mittens that were still locked in the car) and told her, "Don't worry, I'm fine, just a bloody nose."

As soon as the bus was gone and I felt I could walk without tipping over, I got my keys from the house and headed for the ER. They didn't do much for me other than pack it with ice. They said to come back tomorrow when the swelling has gone down so they can re-set it back where it's supposed to be. I'm kind of hoping somehow I can get a nose job out of the deal.

Some people (hi mom) gave me a hard time about posting the picture of my arm, so here's a link to a picture of my black-eyed distorted face. Lovely, huh???

3 comments:

Tricia said...

hahahahahaahah You got me!!!

Kathy said...

you absolutely had me. I had Renee's figured out before clicking on the link, but you got me. good one.

Bobbi said...

I knew it was a joke today! Especially when you said you landed on your back and broke your nose, lol! I did one on my site too.