Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, April 07, 2008

Update on our morning mess

Warning: do not read this post if you are easily grossed out.

This day has gone right to the crapper! No kidding! First, there was the morning fiasco with Rubee. Thankfully she hasn't had any more problems today, but she's also been confined to the crate. Not taking ANY chances there!

This afternoon I had to take Angela to swimming lessons. Roman comes along because afterward we go to dog school, where I take him to puppy class and we hook up with my sitter who takes Angela back home.

5 minutes before we're to walk out the door I'm trying to convince Angela to get her swim suit on, when she says, "Eeewwww nasty! Look at Roman!" I turn to see Roman scooting his butt along the hardwood floor, leaving a lovely streak behind him. No, he's not sick, just had some stuck stuff on his butt hair that was bothering him. Before I could get to him he managed to streak about 15 feet of the entry and front hallway. Thankfully these are either ceramic or wood floors.

I throw the puppy in the tub to give him a butt bath, which somehow spurs Angela to get her suit on. Thank God! I can't wrestle her right now with a broken wrist!

We get to swimming, and carsick Roman is puking in his crate. (poodles are the most car-sick dogs EVER! He's even worse than Zurri was!) I take Angela inside, and while walking down the steps to the pool she twists her ankle, which immediately swells and bruises. She can barely walk, but still wants to swim. Coach thinks just letting her lounge in the pool might help it so I go along with that.

Swimming done, get the kid down, then back up 3 flights of stairs to get her changed into clothes, and head for dog school. Get there to discover sitter didn't show up so Angela is going to have to hang out with me and watch the class. Thankfully this is something she LOVES to do!

Now, last week Roman got a stick stuck in his throat. Took him to the vet for a residual cough and his trachea is inflamed. He still has the cough, but is otherwise fine. That is, of course, if you don't consider the fact that he's horribly car sick so puked up 4 times during class, then again in the car on the way home.

I get home 1/2 hr ago, and the house REEKS!!!!!!! It's the left over smell from this morning. I just got Angela tucked into bed with ice on her ankle and she's already telling me, "I stay home tomorrow, go see Dr. Mary instead."

Calgon....where the heck is the Calgon???????????????????????????

2 comments:

Kelley said...

You poor, poor thing. Sounds like you handled it ALL better than I can ever imagine handling it. Hope you have a better day :o)

JennyH said...

Oh my- what a day!! Hope all is better by now and smells better. Dog crap is so gross- especially liquid dog crap!

Hope Angela's foot is better.