Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Plight of the Orphan

I've talked about orphan care plenty on my blog. You're probably sick of hearing it by now. I really don't care. These children do not go away, and once you know about their plight...well...it's why I scream it from the mountain tops on a daily basis.

You may remember back in April 2010 when I went to Serbia and Bulgaria for the first time. I posted many posts during that trip, like this one and this one. I went on that trip with Shelley while she was completing their family's adoption of Kullen. He came from a very good facility and had good care. But not all the kids are so lucky. Some of the kids found themselves living in Pleven instead.

Please, if you read nothing else today, please go read Shelley's post. Their lives depend on it.

No comments: