Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Independence Day

Yesterday Tyler reminded me it's not "The 4th of July" its "Independence Day", and he's right. I think we've forgotten the name of the holiday. Maybe we should go back to calling it by it's name.

Yesterday morning Dean received an email from work at 6:30 a.m. He'd been laid off. It's like one of those really bad break ups. You know, you should never break  up, or lay anyone off, via email. It's bad manners. Apparently the people run his company don't read Miss Manners.

Today is my son Noah's birthday. I haven't spoken to Noah, save a 10 minute Facebook chat on December 22nd, since June of 2009. Noah, for reasons we can only imagine, has shut us out of his lives, and my heart is broken about it.

Noah needs tons of prayer, as Satan eats him alive, piece by piece, and Noah wears the marks to prove it. (No, really, he does, you'll just have to take my word for it.) I want my first born back.

I'm going to go have myself a cry in the bathroom for my son, then Dean's job. And when I'm done with that I'll join the rest of my extended family on the dock for my sister's wedding.

What a mixed up day.

5 comments:

Julia said...

I'm sorry. Sorry Dean lost his job and sorry your son is struggling. I will pray for you. You are not alone!

Molly said...

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. My father got laid off about a year and a half ago. It sickens me to see a great man like Dean lose his job. I pray he can find work soon.

Grizzly Bear said...

So sorry for what your going through. I will pray that everything will be alright for you and your family.

Lisa (DanielsMommy) said...

Many prayers Leah. I got laid off a few weeks ago...and my company didn't read Miss Manners either. Many prayers coming your way....lots of love from my family to yours.

Tamara said...

Lay-off by email? What kind of company does that? Prayers for Noah - and you and Dean. Hope the wedding lifted your spirits -