Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, May 08, 2010

BABIES: Don't bother!

Remember my post a couple days ago about the movie "Babies"?

Well, I'm here to save you some money. Don't bother to see it! Yeah, it has a couple cute scenes, and it would make a great documentary for TV, but it is nowhere NEAR worth the ticket of a feature film! Really, it felt like a total waste of money. And, I think I might have been uncomfortable if I'd had my kid along for the very first scene. Think "National Geographic". And interesting perspective, but not really necessary for the movie.

So anyway, the movie documents the first year or so of four different babies born in very different parts of the world. San Francisco, Japan, Mongolia and...hmmm can't remember the last place. You'll see how babies are raised so differently in these areas, and it really was interesting to see that. But it also dragged.a.lot.

So there ya have it! Rent it on netflix, or wait till it comes up On Demand or something, but don't rush out to the theater to see it like I made Dean do tonight!

1 comment:

Scarehaircare said...

Seriously? That is so disappointing. I was looking forward to it, too.