Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Social Stories for Itouch

Hey, check this out! Mi Stories

Social stories can be very helpful for situations your child has trouble handling. For a child with Autism, or other sensory processing problems, or Down syndrome, social stories make new situations predictable, or give an opportunity to discuss expected behavior during known problem times.

Enter Mi Stories! Developed by a Speech-Language Pathologist, these can be downloaded onto your computer or Ipod! Check out Mi Stories!

I've checked it out, and these stories are great, and I love the scripts. "When I get in the car I buckle my seat belt. If I need help, it's no big deal. I can calmly ask for help." or "If I realize I've forgotten something, it's no big deal. I can let someone know." I love the "It's no big deal." part, because we say that to Angela all the time!

No comments: