Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, December 03, 2012

SOMEbody....

Tonight's conversation at dinner:

Angela: (never taking her eyes off her plate) "Somebody was in the kitchen in the middle of the night.

Me: "Really? Who was that?"

Angela: "Somebody came upstairs and drank all the pop."

Me: "All what pop?" (seriously? we had pop?)

Angela: "Somebody drank all the orange crush. Threw it away.

Me: "Really! And who did all that?"

Angela: "Somebody got up and ate Oreo cookies."

Me: "Who would have done that? Do you know who did?"

Angela: "Not me."

Me: "Angela. Who came up stairs, drank pop and ate cookies in the middle of the night?"

Angela: (Looking me square in the eye, trying to decide if it was worth it or not.) "I did. I drank the pop  (gesturing toward the fridge.) I ate the cookies (gesturing to the drawer where they're kept.) Then I threw the bottle away and I went to bed."

Me: " Angela, I'm glad you told me about all of this. It's important to tell the truth to mom. But Angela...you cannot wander around the house in the middle of the night. You cannot eat food in the middle of the night. If you need to get up to get a drink of water you can do that in the bathroom downstairs.

Angela: "Ok mom."

Somehow I have the feeling we'll be having this conversation again very soon!


3 comments:

Designs by DD said...

Earlier you said everyone was asleep except you. Sounds like someone else was awake, too. Maybe Harland is being a bad influence. :)

Leah Spring said...

I KNOW! I didn't go to bed until around 2:00 so she had to be up sometime after that. And when I went to get her up for school at 5:30 she was WIDE awake and talking up a storm to her invisible people. Very normal for her to be awake for several hours at night. Surprisingly it didn't mess up her entire day.

Imogen said...

Harland made her do it!