Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Where's Wal..I mean Leah?

Where am I now? Does this picture give you a good clue?



Yep, having a sleep study done. The last time I did one was about 12 years ago when I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy. But a few months ago, someone....ahem...started complaining that I'm snoring a lot. Maybe even enough for someone....ahem...to sleep on the couch occasionally. Between that, and the fact I'm even MORE sleepy than I normally am (which is a LOT thanks to Narcolepsy!) it was time to get restudied. 

I just finished trying out the different masks. OMG...the full mask makes me incredibly claustrophobic! Like I feel like I have to take a deep breath then put it on because I'm going underwater. It's horrible. The tech adjusted the settings a bit and it was a little better. I also tried two different nasal masks, and I liked one better than the other, and also better than the face mask. Still claustrophobic, but not as bad as with the face mask. We won't know if I need one of those until I have a certain number and type of apnea episodes, which there's a chance I may not, right? (I kinda doubt it!)

So here I am. Having a sleep study. Yay me!

1 comment:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Wow! what a beauty statement.