Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Opportunities

Do you remember this post from last week? I'm kind of excited about this class! Why? Because we get to write different types of papers, including a Narrative and a Persuasive research paper.

We're working on our Narrative paper first. I'm thinking of taking one of my previous blog posts and tweaking it to fit the class. Of all the stories I've told on this blog over the past 5 years, which was your favorite? (Ummm...did I just say I've been blogging for FIVE years? Wow! I can't believe it!)

I've already chosen two options for my Persuasive research paper. Can you guess the topics?

There are other opportunities in the works that have nothing to do with school, and I can't wait to unveil them! I'll tell you that it involves Bulgaria, and a partnership with Reece's Rainbow! (and no, we're not adopting.)


3 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

For the narrative paper you should tweak your re-telling of when you broke your wrist on the ice. And of course, I'm sure one of your topics for your persuasive will be a pro-life stance on Down syndrome or on foreign adoption of kids with DS.

Karien Prinlsoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karien Prinlsoo said...

I liked the story about your Mom, but I don't think it was a recent one. Of course it's because she came to Africa and South Africa. She sounds like a wonderful woman and I see the strong characteristics in your posts...both woman with strong characters and with no compromise to matter that are important to them!