Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I know you won't believe me...but



LOOK WHAT I MADE!!! I know I always say I hate cooking, and I NEVER bake, but those who know me well will remember a time when I was in high school, and I made these all the time. Some will even remember just 10 years ago when I was making yeast breads all the time. But, regardless....don't you wish you could smell the internet? And wouldn't taste be even better??? Now, what do you think? Should I just smear them directly on my hips?

Updated to add: Well, the truth comes out. I SUCK at cooking! These were the most horrible things I've ever tasted. And...to make matters worse..I gave them to my neighbors too! The rolls themselves could have been used to build the retaining wall in our back yard. And the glaze? Yeah, the mortar to hold the wall together! It's going to be months before I can look my neighbors in the eyes again. Sadly, this is the way my cooking and baking always comes out. These LOOKED good, so I figured I'd finally beat fate! Instead, the rolls beat me.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Hi Leah, your last line just made me laugh right out loud. Luckily there aren't too many people here at work today :o)
I hope you all have the most amazing Christmas and New Year ever! I haven't said hi in awhile, but I check on you all every day. I loved Land of the Lost too.
I think we're going to have an 80 degree Christmas here. Doesn't feel that Christmas-y. I hope you all stay warm.
Blessing to you all,
Kelley

Syncopa said...

GOOD JOB, LEAH!!!!
Oh, and yes, do smear them directly on your hips - it would make my envy more bearable if you didn't eat those, either!! LOL
Merry Christmas, friend.
Give Angela a big hug from me!

Googsmom said...

Yummmmmy!!