Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, December 12, 2008

Feel'in it Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! This week felt really long, and really short, all at the same time. Monday came and went in a stressful way that I already posted about. Tuesday was ok. Got Dudley groomed, which was an all-day affair. Wednesday Tyler came over to celebrate his birthday. (and I paid him 5 bucks to dig our tree out of the storage room. Now if only I could pay someone to decorate it. LOL) Thursday I got most of my Christmas shopping done, with just a couple odds and ends of things left, and then a performance last night.

And yet, I'm feeling like a looser. I'm not getting enough stuff done in the house, and I don't even have a good excuse for it. I have a stack of paperwork for Angela's waiver that needs tending to, laundry to collect out of bedrooms, and an office that still isn't clean. (although it's because I have no clue what to do with the stuff in here! )

Today my plans are to get myself in the shower, run to the store and get snacks/drinks for Angela and drop them off at her school. Come back and switch a load of laundry around, then get Angela's waiver papers done. THEN I will allow myself to take a nap, because I'm going to need one in order to make it through tonight's performance and the cast party afterward.

I think I'm so tired lately because of the play. Ok, I KNOW that's what it is. Most plays run 12-14 performances, and this one...when we're finally done...will be double that! We have two performances tomorrow, two on Sunday, then next week we have Weds, Thurs, Fri, double Sat, double Sun. then we're DONE! Never again will I do a play with such a long run. It's really fun DOING it, but it screws up everything else in life. I don't know how the rest of the cast manages to work full-time jobs AND do this play.

I promise, once this show is done, no more depressing posts! LOL Ok, I'm off to the shower so I can get my list done, and get that nap I was talking about.

No comments: