Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, September 05, 2008

Prayer please

Ok... I'm not quite sure what to do. Angela's picture is being shown on the Jumbotron (or whatever that big screen in Times Square is called) on the 28th, and I still don't have the money for airline tickets. We have a place to stay, and a hand-holder to get me from the train to Times Square, but...no money to get there in the first place! UGH! My sister asked how much I'd raised in my first-giving funds. Apparently she (and maybe others?) thought those funds were for the trip. THEY'RE NOT! Those go directly to the National Down Syndrome Society.

All I can do right now is ask people to pray for this. That those funds come in. I mean, it's kind of a big deal for your kid's face to be shown 40 feet tall in the middle of Times Square, right? Something you kinda might wanna be there for!

There is a few thousand dollars that is owed to me. Some of it was paid back in July, but I haven't seen any since. If even $500 were to come in, I could manage the airline tickets.

So that's what I'm praying for this week...money to get to New York.

No comments: