Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer Line Up

I'm hoping this summer Angela will be busy, busy busy! This is the first year we've opted out of extended school year services (aka summer school for special education students) because I'm hoping we'll be too busy! LOL

Angela will be swimming Monday-Weds mornings for 3 hours. We have Camp Friendship arranged for the first week of August, (we're still waiting to hear if she got into the horse camp, or if she's going to the fishing camp) and one weekend per month at Have A Heart Farm in Wisconsin.

Yesterday I interviewed a new high school graduate to do summer PCA for me. She was planning on going along with us to Angela's swimming lesson so she could see where it was at. Then she mentioned, "I used to swim at *insert name of school here* every day on the Blackline team." HA!!! That's where Angela swims! So when we walked in, it was like Old Home Week for this young lady, as she knew all the swimmers and coaches. So, at least I know she's comfortable around the water! In fact, she was able to show me a shorter way to swimming lessons. LOL She spent 3 hours with us and I got to see how she interacted with Angela, and I think she'll work out just fine for summer. She'll be doing 5 mornings a week, and one evening. I'll just have to figure out how to keep Angela busy and cool during the long summer afternoons!

2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Are you really sending her to camp in Virginia? I'm shocked you'd let her go so far away.That's some big steps towards independence--for MOM!!! LOL

Alyssa said...

Sounds like Angela is going to have a great summer. I'm happy for you and her! :)