Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, May 09, 2008

Ooohhh I can hardly stand it!

Tyler and I drove down to Jordan, MN today, to pick up Angela's sidecar that I had painted. First, let me tell you, Tracy over at TJ Design was an awesome guy to work with! The first time I was there, I walked into one area of the shop that had several motorcycle tanks in various stages of the design process. There was some AWESOME artwork to drool over! The next time I was there, a guy was picking up his bike that had an unbelievable tribute portrait on it. Someday, when I have the money, I'll have him do my dream paint job. Not only is money an issue right now, but I was a little worried about spending a few thousand dollars on it, and THEN discover I don't like riding with a sidecar! That would really bite! LOL

There were some funky problems that he ran into. Like the tub had a crack in it that wasn't visible. (it was under the seat, against the frame.) that needed to be repaired. There was also a funky chemical reaction between the old paint and the new that caused it to bubble, requiring re-sanding, and then it bubbled again. Very frustrating to the artist!

I didn't think to bring my camera with me to pick it up so you could see it out in the sunlight, so here are pictures of it inside my truck. Tomorrow Tyler and I will bring it down to Spring Valley, MN to the shop of Dave's Cycle who will be mounting it to my bike. A couple more weeks and I should be on the road! When Angela came home I told her, "I have a surprise for you!" and opened up the back of the truck. Oh my gosh...she was SO EXCITED! She was jumping up and down and wanted to climb in the truck to get in the sidecar. LOL Here's what pictures I have, and a picture of the bike it'll be mounted to.


1 comment:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Very cool. Can't wait to see you two on it. Just in tmie for saving $ during our $4.00/gal. gas prices.