Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Comparison

Here's a picture of Asher the day I met him one month ago. It was very difficult to get him to look at me, and eye contact was accidental. Circles under his eyes, skinny face (his temples were sunken in) and no affect. Then one of the pictures I took the other day after two weeks in my care.  Wow....what a difference.


5 comments:

Lund7 said...

So handsome! What a difference...

You are up early today too! Hannah has to be to school early on Wed. so I am out the door early.

Merry Christmas!

And patiently waiting... said...

Wow, look what food and love can do! He is a handsome little fellow that is for sure!! :)

Kathy said...

He really does not look like the same child, Leah. I mean, maybe brothers, but surely that's not the one you brought home? :o) He is adorable, and I can't wait to watch and see his development stories. Keep 'em coming, lovely!

Nathalie said...

He looks amazing, Leah. Just makes me want to cry with joy!! So happy for all of you.

Claire said...

He does not look like the same child!