Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, September 28, 2007

slipping away

I know I have Adult ADD, or brain rot, or something serious like that. How do I know this? All you have to do is walk around my house and you'll see evidence of it scattered all over the place.

For the past week the plan has been to clean the office, and I fully intend to have it done before the mighty hunters return. Today I started by taking a box of what's left of my nutrisystem meals to the outside garbage. While I was out there Zurri and Rubee were being very cute.

Watching Rubee and Zurri play reminded me that I needed to get some pictures of Rubee as I haven't updated my pregnancy tracker page in a couple of weeks. Here's some pictures I took while I was out there. I did a video too but didn't feel like waiting for it to upload.

Rubee found a catapillar


She likes to share, so she brought it a toy.


She showed it to Zurri


Rubee is due with puppies on the 15th. She's hardly acting like it, running around chasing Zurri and the squirrels.


So then I played fetch with Zurri for a few minutes. Her buddy Dudley is gone and she clearly needed to burn some steam. That's when I made the video I'm not posting.

I came in the house, and started emptying the dishwasher. I went to put a pan away and when I opened that cabinet the shelf fell and everything came tumbling out. Oh yeah..look! Here's the pans I once set asside to throw away but then we put new floors in an had to move the cabinets and somehow they got put back in here. I ran them down to the garbage quick! Zurri met me at the door with a leave on her head. I needed a picture of THAT!



Then I came into the office to upload the pictures. (yes, the dishwasher is still sitting open 1/2 empty and the pan cabinet has pans spilled on the floor from the collapsed shelf. I'll get to it in a minute.) As I was uploading the pictures and thinking of how my days disappear I could feel this blog coming on.

Then the phone rang. It was Angela's school OT who I kind of have a beef with. Well its not really with HER, but with the services school says she can now provide, and how Angela has lost a full year of skills since this started. We talked for a few minutes and while I was talking to her I fed the dogs.

When I opened the fridge to get the yogurt out (the dogs get plain, unflavored yogurt in their food. It's good for their coats) I got annoyed with the crammed full refrigerator. I grabbed a garbage bag and started tossing stuff in to bring out to the garbage. HA!!! You think I got sucked into taking more pictures of the dogs, don't you? WRONG! I came right back in here, but only becuase HELLO! I'm still on the phone with the OT and I needed to reference some papers AND it's hard to take pictures while maintaining an intelligent conversation with a school professional type person.

When I hung up I definitely felt the need to blog. I'll be picking Angela up from school in a little bit, so I guess I'll work on the office later tonight, after she's in bed.

No comments: