Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Responses to comments

Tonight I received a comment to one of my posts "Surviving Tragedy/Id bracelets"
stating that something I posted was untrue. Since you didn't leave a way to get in touch with you, here is my reply:

First of all, that post was written the morning after the crash. Details were still very sketchy. I learned bits and pieces throught the night and day before. I was emotional, exhausted, and pretty freaked out! The details I did have came from Andy and what he saw/heard that night, (if I remember correctly, everyone showed up to the accident scene intoxicated?) and from the authorities involved in the chase, the clean-up, and the investigation. I think I've now talked with 3 different officers and am waiting for a copy of the police report and investigation results, including the toxicology reports. I've also heard from Tosh's family (his former step-mom, his sister, his brother and his dad.) who, like you and me, were not in that car with Tosh and can only speculate about what was going through his mind at that time. As of a week ago, what they have told me is they have a lot of questions that you have failed to answer for them.

Clearly the two of you had some "issues", and Tosh isn't here to defend himself about them. Really...I don't care to get involved with them either. What interest would I have in your business? To give me details about something he did so that I might see him in a negative light is just plain sick, an very "high school". Have you given the whole story to those who've asked for it? Has that story been jaded in any way? Remember that if it has, it'll eventually come out. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not next week. Maybe not even until you're standing at the gates of heaven waiting for your own judgment to be handed down. When it is....which way do you think God will see things?

I'm sorry that you lost Tosh. From what everyone has told me he seems like he was a wonderful person. Certainly big enough to step up to the plate of responsibility when he had reason to believe he didn't need to. It's very possible you'll never find someone like him again. He could have been your "once in a lifetime" and now he's gone. I've said all along that every person involved that night...be they police officers, family members, witnesses to the actual crash, or innocent victims like my daughter, my ex-husband or myself...all of us have lessons to be learned from that night. Every person involved has "what if's" and "if only's" going through their minds. Those are the things we can learn from. Our job now is to take the lessons learned, and to apply them to our lives from this day forward. God gave us this opportunity for growth, and its up to us to use it. If we don't, eventually he'll stop giving the opportunities.

No comments: