Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, October 24, 2014

First Day of School 2014

I know, we're two months into school. You'll cut me some slack this year, right?

Angela didn't get her pictures taken on this morning. She was in too much of a hurry to get out the door. She loves school!

Axel, aka "Joe Cool"
is a big 7th grader this year.


Abel. I have no idea why his glasses are all crooked. 
He's a 5th grader this year.

Asher, always hamming it up for the camera!
Ash is a 10 year old 2nd grader.

These two are pretty good buddies!

Dad takes the kids to their respective buses every morning, 
watching to make sure even those who are "independent" 
at the bus stop remain safe. 

Audrey didn't actually start school the same day as the other kids, 
but she took her place at the picture spot anyway.
I'm not really sure why, since she seems to hate the camera! 

After about 25 times I started singing my "Mom is going crazy" song.
Audrey loves music. If only I had thought to sing sooner! 
When she did start school, it was as a
10  year old 1st grader. 

Here we are at the end of October.  We've had a few challenges, and one change of school, but I think we're on the right track for everyone! 
Here's to the 2014-2015 school year

2 comments:

eliz said...

I'm surprised your school district allows 10 yr olds as first graders. Ours here do not. :o( They fought me tooth and nail when I begged them to let Samson go to pre-school another year when he was 5. After all he turned 5 in late August. We won that fight but they pushed him through after that. Eventually his behaviors were such I took him home at 10 to homeschool him. (at school they had us try meds and the isolation room- wish I hadn't- they didn't work anyhow) He's 19 now and I list him as a 9th grader in homeschool. Altho after age 16 you don't need to "list" students. :o)
(((HUGS))) and prayers. I think of you often.

Sarah said...

Cute pics - it occurs to me that Abel actually looks a lot like his daddy!