Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Getting over the hump

Its Hump day today, and I have a big hump to get over. Yesterday was really rough with side effects. Although I was non-functional all day I couldn't really get any rest either. Finally around 5:00 pm I was able to get some sleep, and slept until 10:00 when I woke up with a 101 fever. Called the on-call Dr. (following Dr. orders just like I'm supposed to.) but by the time he called me back at midnight (gah!) my fever had broken. I supervised Angela getting ready for school then was able to sleep again until 9:00 this morning when my GI system kicked in big time, right on schedule. Now I'm sitting in "the chair" at the oncology clinic getting some fluids. I should perk back up for the holiday weekend.

Keeping the fact I only have one round left in the back of my mind. Trying to do this while being a mom at the same time sucks big time. To those who have gone so much longer, who have the rest of their lives on chemo, who do it every week or two weeks, I bow down to you. 

No comments: