Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How's your hair? Sweepstakes!




This has been a very hot and humid summer across most of the country. Here in Minnesota we hit the hundreds several times, with humidity levels around 75%. Those conditions can reek havoc on a person’s hair!

Along with the hot summer, in June I had a birthday. My age has never bothered me, nor have the gray hairs that have come with it. I feel I’ve earned every one of them, preferring to wear them like a badge of honor. That is until this year and a birthday which brought me across the threshold of “mid 40’s”. My age is starting to show! My eyes are changing, my skin is changing … even my hair is changing.

Nobody warned me about the part where your hair changes. I used to wonder what “mousy” hair meant, and now I know because I have it. It’s dry, it’s stringy and it’s breaking off easily, often looking “frizzy” which is an indicator of early damage or damage that’s already been done.

I usually change hair care products every time I get my hair cut. I was about due when I was asked to do a review for Dove Advanced Conditioners, which provide nourishment to repair dry, rough hair. My hair was definitely in need of nourishment! 


Dove Advanced Conditioners contain fiber active technology which penetrates deep inside the hair strand, helping rebind damaged proteins. (Intensive Repair and Color Repair only.) The patented micromoisture serum targets damage, repairing the surface of hair by sealing lifted cuticles.


I was given a sample of the Intensive Repair formula. So after a couple weeks of using the product, what do I think? Well, the consistency of the product is very rich and creamy, a bit heavier that most conditioners I’ve used.  I LOVE the scent! I’m big on how things smell, but I don’t want “flowery” or “fruity” which remind me of the scents high school girls wear. No, I want …mmm…a mature but light scent, and the Dove conditioner has just that. The overall condition of my hair has improved! I have fewer fly-aways and less frizz. It also doesn't weigh my hair down like some conditioners do. 

You can learn more about Dove Advanced Conditioners by visiting Dovehair.com

What does summer do to your hair? Do you live in a particularly harsh climate? 


Enter to win a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.

You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:

a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt

b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.

c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.

This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.

The Official Rules are available here.

This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2012 - 9/30/2012

Be sure to visit Dove® Hair.com to get a coupon for $1.50 off Dove Hair Therapy products.

No comments: