Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Dogs

I am up to my armpits in dogs at the moment. Between that and adoption related stuff, I feel like I'm right on the edge of sanity. Oh yeah, and I haven't taken Angela school shopping yet, but I have two very good reasons for that.

The first one is because I don't have a car. I'm getting a new one though. I thought I would have it by now but apparently I misunderstood the conversation I was only 1/2 paying attention to because it was between Dean and some guy on the phone.

My other good reason is because I lost the supply list sent by Angela's teacher a month ago. Ok...well...that's probably not REALLY a good reason, but it's the only one I have.

Tonight I also missed soccer sign up for Angela. I don't have a good reason for that either. Dean was home, so I could have used his car. What really happened was I forgot about it and dozed off on the couch. Then at 6:45 I realized I hadn't even THOUGHT about making dinner yet so got in Dean's car to run to the store where I wandered the isles hoping something would jump out at me. I was looking at a box of Mac and Cheese with a picture of soccer ball on it when it hit me....soccer.meeting.missed.

I suck as a mom sometimes. Today is one of those times.

But the puppies are happy and healthy. And I brought home German chocolate cake so Dean and Angela (and I) are happy. And dinner...I brought home dinner too! And tomorrow is a new day, right? Now, I just need to find that I600A form and figure out what I'm supposed to do with it so I can do that tomorrow, so that one of these days we can bring a beautiful little girl home, because really, most of the time, I'm an ok mom.

No comments: