Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Sunday, August 02, 2009

We're back!

Over the weekend was my dad's family reunion. My dad is 3rd youngest of 11 children, and all but 2 are still living. The oldest, Ruby, is now 93 years old. It was so nice to see everyone, connect with cousins I hadn't seen in many years, and re-tell all the old family stories. My cousin Noel made the most incredible family tree poster. It was 4 ft tall, and TWENTY FOUR FEET LONG!!!! Seriously!

I have another relative who put together an incredible book that includes birth and death certificate numbers of EVERY person in the family, all spouses, etc. (even several ex spouses were in there.) The historical details were incredible, and account for several HUNDRED hours of work. 

Anyway, it was a great weekend. I got to spend some interesting time with my sister, niece, and their significant others, and have LOTS of  incriminating pictures to show for it! LOL Angela missed the TV all weekend, so she is now downstairs soaking up as much Disney channel as she can until bedtime. LOL That leaves me free to catch up on emails and blogging.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Welcome back!